I am Akond, an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science (CSC) at Tennessee Tech University. My research interests include DevOps and Software Security. To conduct my research activities I rely on formal methods, static analysis, qualitative analysis, statistical methods, and machine learning techniques. Recently, I was awarded the 2020 CSC Distinguished Dissertation Award from NC State University for my PhD dissertation titled Anti-patterns in Infrastructure as Code. Previousy, I won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2019. I am also winner of the ACM SIGSOFT Doctoral Symposium Award at ICSE in 2018 and the Grand Prize of the Microsoft Open Source Challenge back in 2016.
I complete my PhD at North Carolina State University. I was supervised by Dr. Laurie Williams. I was born in Bangladesh, a beautiful country in South Asia. I completed my undergraduate studies in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), and M.Sc. at University of Connecticut.
- June 26, 2020: Our paper on Kubernetes security got accepted at SecDev. Congrats Shamim and Farzana!
- June 20, 2020: Our paper on security smells got accepted at the TOSEM Journal.
- May 29, 2020: Our paper on IaC development anti-patterns got accepted at the Empirical Software Engineering Journal.
- Apr 12, 2020: I received the 2020 CSC Outstanding Dissertation Award from NC State University.
- Dec 10, 2019: Our paper on IaC bug categorization got accepted at ICSE 2020.