I am Akond, an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science (CSC) at Tennessee Tech University. My research interests include DevOps, Software Analytics, and Software Security. To conduct my research activities I have relied on static analysis, qualitative analysis, statistical methods, and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques. Recently, I won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2019. I am also winner of the ACM SIGSOFT Doctoral Symposium Award at ICSE in 2018 and the Grand Prize of the Microsoft Open Source Challenge back in 2016.
I complete my PhD at North Carolina State University. I was supervised by Dr. Laurie Williams. I was born in Bangladesh, a beautiful country in South Asia. I completed my undergraduate studies in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), and M.Sc. at University of Connecticut.
- Feb 28, 2020: One full paper and two posters accepted at Symposium on the Science of Security (HotSoS) 2020.
- Dec 10, 2019: Our paper on IaC bug categorization got accepted at ICSE 2020.
- Jul 19, 2019: Short paper accepted at ESEM2019-Emerging Results Track.
- Jul 14, 2019: Two short papers accepted at ICSME2019-Research Track.
- Apr 29, 2019: Paper on defective properties of IaC scripts accepted at the journal of Information and Software Technology (IST).
- Apr 12, 2019: Awarded the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019.