I am Akond, an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science (CSC) at Tennessee Tech University. My research interests include DevOps and Secure Software Development. To conduct my research activities I rely on formal methods, static analysis, qualitative analysis, statistical methods, and machine learning techniques. Recently, I was awarded the 2020 CSC Outstanding Dissertation Award and the College of Engineering (COE) Distinguished Dissertation Award from NC State University for my PhD dissertation titled ''Anti-patterns in Infrastructure as Code''. Previousy, I won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2019. I am also winner of the ACM SIGSOFT Doctoral Symposium Award at ICSE in 2018 and the Grand Prize of the Microsoft Open Source Challenge back in 2016.
I completed my PhD at North Carolina State University. I was supervised by Dr. Laurie Williams. I was born in Bangladesh, a beautiful country in South Asia. I completed my undergraduate studies in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), and M.Sc. at University of Connecticut.
- July 19, 2021: Congratulations to Brinto for his paper acceptance at FIE 2021!
- June 26, 2021: Congratulations to Justin and Raunak for succesfully defending their M.Sc. thesis!
- June 24, 2021: Congrats to Shamim for his student research paper accepted at ESEC/FSE!
- May 07, 2021: I was selected as a Distinguished Reviewer for the 2021 Mining Software Repositories Conference (MSR)!
- Feb 26, 2021: Two ICSE workshop papers accepted ... congrats Brinto, Shamim, Justin, and Farzana!
- Sep 02, 2020: SaTC:TTP proposal funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF)!