I am Akond, a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Computer Science (CSC) at North Carolina State University. I am extremely privileged to be supervised by Dr. Laurie Williams. Recently, I won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2019. I am also winner of the ACM SIGSOFT Doctoral Symposium Award at ICSE 2018 in May, 2018 and the Grand Prize of the Microsoft Open Source Challenge back in April, 2016.
I was born in Bangladesh, a beautiful country in South Asia. I completed my undergraduate studies in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), and M.Sc. at University of Connecticut.
I like thinking and solving research problems in software enginering . My research interests include DevOps, Software Analytics, and Software Security. To conduct my research activities I have relied on static analysis, evolutionary algorithms, qualitative analysis, mining algorithms, statistical methods, and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Apr 29, 2019: Paper on defective properties of IaC accepted at the journal of Information and Software Technology (IST).
- Apr 12, 2019: Awarded the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) 2019.
- Mar 01, 2019: Two short papers accepted at the International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR). One poster paper accepted at the Symposium and Bootcamp on the Science of Security (HotSoS).
- Dec 12, 2018: Paper accepted at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE).
- Dec 10, 2018: Paper on mapping study of IaC research accepted at the journal of Information and Software Technology (IST).