Hi there! I am Akond, an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering (CSSE) at Auburn University. I am also a faculty member at the Auburn Cyber Research Center.
My research interests are in software engineering focused on DevOps and Secure Software Development. I rely on a wide range of techniques, such as model checking, program analysis, and statistical methods to pursue my research goals. My research is supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF).
I was awarded the NC State CSC Outstanding Dissertation Award and the NC State College of Engineering Distinguished Dissertation Award from NC State University for my PhD dissertation titled Anti-patterns in Infrastructure as Code. Previously, I won the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE 2019. I am also winner of the ACM SIGSOFT Doctoral Symposium Award at ICSE 2018, and the Microsoft Open Source Challenge Grand Prize in 2016.
I completed my PhD in Computer Science at North Carolina State University, where I was supervised by Dr. Laurie Williams. I was born in Bangladesh, a beautiful country in South Asia. I completed my B.Sc. at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, and M.Sc. at University of Connecticut.
- Aug 01, 2022: Started as a tenure-track assistant professor at Auburn University.
- June 15, 2022: Our SATC grant was funded. Thanks NSF!
- May 31, 2022: I will be a disucssion co-lead in the SaTC PI Breakout Meeting. See you in Washington D.C. if you are around.
- May 05, 2022: Congratulations to Farzana for succesfully defending their Ph.D. thesis.
- April 11, 2022: I presented my research on Julia bugs at the U.S. Research Software Engineers (RSE) Forum.
- April 05, 2022: Our paper on educating students on secure configuration management got accepted at ITiCSE 2022.
- April 03, 2022: Our paper on secure machine learning development got accepted at COMPSAC 2022. Congrats to Farzana !
- Mar 17, 2022: I presented my research on secure configuration management at the Women in Cybersecurity conference 2022.
- Mar 06, 2022: I will serve on the program committee for ICSME 2022. Please submit your papers.
- Mar 02, 2022: I presented my work on secure software education at the CAPEC Program User Summit.
- Dec 17, 2021: Our paper summarizing research related to Puppet quality accepted at SANER 2022.
- Dec 07, 2021: Our paper on Ansible test quality has been accepted to ICST 2022. Congrats to Mehedi !
- Oct 10, 2021: I was invited as a guest speaker at WindRiver to discuss our ongoing research projects related IaC.
- Aug 29, 2021: Congratulations to Shamim for winning an award at ESEC/FSE 2021.
- Aug 26, 2021: Our work on defect categorization for Puppet mansifests was covered by It Will Never Work in Theory.
- July 19, 2021: Congratulations to Brinto for his paper acceptance at FIE 2021.
- June 26, 2021: Congratulations to Justin and Raunak for succesfully defending their M.Sc. thesis.
- May 07, 2021: I was selected as a Distinguished Reviewer for the 2021 Mining Software Repositories Conference (MSR) 2021.